Friday, February 26, 2010

LOVE TALK {The One with the Quote in the Window}

I know it’s been a little while since I last posted!  Going to the Olympics last week was absolutely amazing, but also incredibly exhausting.  I have yet to catch up on my laundry let alone my blog.  This weekend will be well spent, that’s for sure!

A friend of mine e-mailed this quote to me, and I immediately printed it and put it up by my computer as a great reminder!  It’s so easy for me to get stuck in a rut and just forget to look for the good.  Sometimes I think that there is no good to be found, but when I stop to look for it I realize that it has been starring me right in the face the whole time.

image001[1]

Maybe I’m reaching for it with this quote, but I can really see how it applies to a wedding day too.  Everyone hopes it will be their dream come true but there are always the select few weddings when very big things do go wrong (heaven forbid that happen to any of you).  Sometimes you can’t control the disasters, but you can always control your attitude towards them.  I think the greatest advice I can give a couple and their families is that there comes a point when you just have to let go and enjoy whatever comes.  Do what you can to prepare for the special day, but making sure the flowers are perfect and the fruit tray is laid out properly should never get between you and celebrating the love that you’ve all gathered for.  No matter what happens, even if the cake falls over on top of grandma, remember that you are with your loved ones, and you are about to start an amazing new adventure with your soul mate.  That is the good in a wedding, everything else is just icing on the cake.

SignatureChat2

No comments: